Boarding at Riverdog Peabody: Bark and Breakfast
We know what it’s like to have to be away from your pup for a night, a weekend, or even longer, so we offer a boarding solution that’s like a home away from home.
Our crate-free boarding allows our dogs to move, play and relax, and we’ve found that most dogs are happier when they’re allowed to move around with other dogs and interact with our round-the-clock staff rather than being in a crate. Since all dogs are different, we do have individual kennels available for those pups who prefer to sleep in a space of their own.
We offer our boarding in a safe, clean, caring environment at our 6,000 sq. ft. Peabody location, which is climate controlled for your pet’s comfort and offers both indoor and outdoor space.
You probably have a lot of questions! There is a lot to consider when looking for someone to care for your furry family members, so let us answer a few of our most common queries:
- Can we tour the boarding facility?
- How much outdoor time do the dogs get?
- Weather permitting, our pups can freely access our fenced in yard at any point throughout the day. We have play structures for goofing around on, beds for sunbathing, kiddie pools and sprinklers (weather permitting) for splashing, and bubble blowing. After bedtime, dogs are let out as needed at the discretion of our staff, so as to not disturb our neighbors.
- Where will my dog sleep and who will they be with?
- We always have at least one attendant staying overnight with the dogs. It is up to that overnight attendant to determine what makes the dogs most comfortable when it’s time to settle down and sleep. Some dogs are crate-trained and prefer sleeping in a crate to have their own space, and for those dogs we have several open crates they can choose to go in if they want. Some dogs will settle down in smaller groups and distribute themselves around the arena or in the side rooms, or on couches or various beds with buddies.The attendant doesn’t sleep unless the dogs are all asleep, so there is always someone watching your pup and spending time making sure they are relaxed enough to rest.
Still have a question? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (978) 536-3364, and let us know how we can help.
Boarding With Us
In order to provide the highest quality care for your dog, we require that all dogs joining us for boarding undergo an evaluation with our trained staff. Pups that have already done an evaluation with us for daycare don’t require a separate evaluation.
Please be aware that if you have a senior dog with special mobility considerations, then crate-free boarding may not be the best option for your pet. Crate-free means 24/7 socialization, stimulation, and activity, and may be too much for a pup who is older and has weak or compromised joints and muscles. We love all dogs and want them to go wherever is best and safest for them, even if that is not with us. (This does not apply to healthy and boisterous three legged dogs. We have many tripod dogs that play as hard and fast as their four legged counterparts!)
- Evaluation: $26
- Crate-Free or Traditional Boarding: $50 per night
Please Note: A holiday surcharge of $10 per night is applicable for Independence Day (7/2/2020 through 7/6/2020) Thanksgiving (11/25/2020 through 11/29/2020) and Christmas/New Years (12/20/2020 through 1/03/2021).
Current clients can submit a boarding reservation request here.
Learn more about our boarding facility and hours on our Peabody location page.
Follow us and see our reviews on:
Instagram (@riverdogdaycare, @riverdogpeabody, @riverdogsfordays, @dogwoodcottageinc)
Google (Somerville, Peabody, Malden, Melrose)
Facebook (Somerville, Peabody, Malden, Melrose)